Monday, July 11, 2011

Kashevaroff...... Check!

I realize that I just posted a blog yesterday but I'm a bit behind so I'm posting another one... which means you're excited! Yayyy!

So this past Saturday I went on a hike with Liz & Elsa and I wanted to share my experience with you. We hiked up Kashevaroff Mountain which is 2,300 ft high (not quite as high as Barometer or thankfully as steep). It was 6 miles round trip but sadly the clouds were covering up the peak therefore we couldn't see the view from the top but I still got some great shots. Actually we kept having these moments where we thought we made it to the very top but then once we got there we realized that the clouds had just been covering up another peak.. we finally made it though and it was a great time! =)

If you look carefully you can see the trail leading up, however you can't see the peak due to the clouds...

Womens Bay with the Coast Guard base in the background.

The best shot I could get of the overall view of below.. it's pretty specatular.

 Liz leading us up through the clouds.

A river runs through it.... or a stream, whatever. 

Liz & Elsa hiking up the ridge.

Elsa & Liz chilling on the top.

Here's Liz & myself on the peak of Kashevaroff... soaking wet and surrounding by clouds.

Liz snapped this shot of me coming up along the ridge.

Here's Liz with the magnificant background while on our way hiking down.


Here we are resting while all wet & muddy up at the top. The cloudy mist shows where the drop off is at.



Here's my favorite pic from the hike. It has turned so green & gorgeous since I got here... I absolutely love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment