Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm a Salmon!

So I just finished two more great sessions with Salmon Camp for grades 4, 5, & 6. They were both great but very different. The first week had a lot of boys and a lot of energy.... but we had fun for sure! The boys just kept us on our toes. Lol. The second week had an art camp focus and happened to mainly consist of girls. We still had a blast and had an art show this past weekend displaying all the campers' art work at the refuge's Visitor Center. It turned out so great, plus we received a lot of great feedback! It's hard to believe I've been here for 3 months already!!! Time is flying by and I am loving every minute of it! In addition the weather has been just lovely here... sun shining and in the 60s! Here are some of the highlight pics from the last two weeks at camp:


By far my favorite pic... this camper was posing with a huge smile then freaked out when the crab started moving!

 We took a hike to the top of Old Womens


Fishing!


Blood star I found!


My group from Session 5... Salmon Camp took a tour of a Russian ship that was visiting.


Bear Face!


This week I'll be taking another village trip to Karluk! Can't wait to tell you about it. Also, hopefully I'll catch my first salmon! Sorry this is short and sweet... I'll have more soon! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment