Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ferry Kari

A month ago I was blessed to have the opportunity to go to Anchorage over the weekend. In all my time in Alaska I had never really spent any quality time in Anchorage, except with it's airport. So a couple months proir when I was getting "island fever" I was able to devise a plan out with my friend Adrian (AKA Cupcake), who would be driving back to the lower 48 to move there. I would ride up on the ferry (a new experience for me) to Homer with him then roadtrip a few hours to Anchorage where he went let me do my shopping thing and he would continue on his journey and I would later fly back to the island. The plan had a couple hiccups in it's execution but it was overall successful. I had such a great time shopping. It had been so long since I had been able to shop in actual stores! Ha! I was also able to partake in some great food at new-to-me restaurants. =) It was about 70 degrees while I was there as well, which is the hottest outdoor temperature I have experienced this whole year! This compelled me to buy a skirt at REI.... Worth it.

The Kennicott after it landed us in Homer

Cupcake peacing out to Kodiak

Kodiak, the Emerald Island

 The famous Salty Dawg Saloon in Homer

In downtown Anchorage

And sadly my camera died before I could take anymore pics of Anchorage.....


It was a must needed mini vaca away from Kodiak and was well worth it, even if it left me a little sleep deprived. As great as this summer has been, it has been sad having to say bye to friends that I've made over the course of my time in Kodiak. I met a lot of them this winter when I was solo in representing the Refuge in the seasonal department and I didn't have many Refuge peeps to hang out with. I had a lot of great times with these guys & lady that I wouldn't change for anything. Now I'm just happy to have friends all over the U.S., so I always will have someone to visit no matter where I'm traveling at at that time! =)

With Laura, Stefan, & Texas prior to their departure


Thank God for all the new friends I've made and the old friends that continue to bless me. I look forward to the many adventures that await me and cherish my favorites from the past. For reals, I'm one lucky lady for ALL the people that are in my life, whether I met them in Montana, Oklahoma, Kodiak, or any other random place.


And can I get a what what for Pitbull coming to Kodiak!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment