Wednesday, June 15, 2011

O-Barometer!

Wow so I can't believe it is the middle of June already! Time flies by so fast, I've been here for 5 weeks now. Last week was our first successful week of Salmon Camp... it went so so so great! We had 18 kiddos total (as we will every week), therefore we have 6 kids per group. The name of my group is the "Awesome Otters" becasue awesome is probably my all time favorite adjective. All the kids were wonderful and I felt they learned a lot (and so did I). I did have to take a nap after some of the days since we worked with K-1st graders... I forget how much energy they can have. Lol. I just wanted to tell you what I've been up to.

 But going back like a week and a half ago... so I climbed a nearby mountain here called Barometer. I showed a pic in a previous blog and said I planned to climb it my the end of the summer... check! =)  My legs were jello by the end because I biked over an hour the evening before and also a few hours before I climbed it I went for a couple hours of trail walking. I went with Liz, Elsa, and Lexie and I was so glad I got to share this experience with them! It was semi miserable but once you get to that top you realize how much it's worth it:
 So up above where there's an island close to land (you can faintly see it's connected by a bridge)... that's where Kodiak the town is.


Here's the beauty from regular view. It's 2,539 ft high.. I have a pic of the elevation marker as proof.



 Here's our group at the top! What a great time, not sure when I'll be doing it again though. Lol.

That's all I have for you at the moment but I did want to say that I finally started going fishing! Yay! I'm way excited about it.. even thought I haven't acutally caught anything yet. I will eventually though.. I actually bought some fishing lures and fly things so I'm getting serious about it. Well I hope everyone is having a great week and I miss everyone back home! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment